The celebration party for the independence day of Cote d'Ivoire

 About a few weeks ago I went to a celebration party for the 55th anniversary of the independence of Cote d'Ivoire. (It was also for the 54th anniversary of diplomatic relations with Korea.) The party was held in Lotte Hotel, Seoul and the Cote d'Ivoire ambassador to Korea also came and gave a speech.


 I went there with some other Korean students and interviewed some people. There were a lot of people from Cote d'Ivoire and Korea, and some people were from other countries like Ghana and Serbia. It was very interesting to look around and find people who each spoke different languages. It was just like looking at a plate full of different kinds of food at a buffet.


 Speaking suddenly to strangers is not always my piece of cake, although I would like to make a lot of friends if there was enough time. And interviewing adults from other countries who were wearing sparkling party clothes and drinking wine was not that easy either. Still, I interviewed some people and they were really kind. Some of them could even speak Korean! It was quite amazing.

 I just regret that I could have spoken more, and that I could have found some more interesting people and stories of their own. I'm sure I would be able to do a good job next time. Still, I learned quite a lot about Cote d'Ivoire and ate some exotic food(which I wasn't actually sure which country was it from...haha).